Energy Healing: The 4 Bodies of Energy
Contrary to every indication and all appearances, who you really are is so much more than your physical body.
We each have four lower bodies that are envelopes for our soul:
- The physical body, which we can see and touch
- The emotional, or astral, body, which contains our emotions
- The mental body, which is our conscious mind
- The etheric, or spiritual, body, which contains the memories of all of our spiritual identity.
What affects one body effects the others, and being aware of how this happens will help a great deal in achieving a balance.
Our thoughts and feelings will eventually manifest as some form of disease or disorder in our physical world. If we choose anger, hatred, fear etc., that pure energy that flows into our auras continually from our Real Self is negatively qualified and out of harmony with Source energy, which lowers our vibration level. It causes blockages in the flow of energy around our energy field or aura, and slows down the rate of spin of our chakras–the energy centers that distribute energy to our four lower bodies.
The result is a stagnation of flow of energy within us, which causes things like mental density and emotional problems. It also blocks the flow along the energy meridians that take vital life force (or “chi” or “prana”) to our organs and cells, eventually causing sickness and disease. Even if you do not believe in the aura, there is abundant evidence from research that hatred and other negative thoughts and feelings actually create acids and toxins that burden the physical body. There is also the subject called “imperil,” which involves the poisons and toxins in the body caused by fear, anxiety and irritability. Studies also show that having a positive attitude helps your immune system. 2)
Likewise, if we abuse our physical body by poor diet and exercise, it becomes much easier to give in to old patterns of undesirable thoughts and feelings. So it is important to realize that our 4 “bodies” operate as a complex and intricate holistic system as a vehicle for our soul’s experience, and we need to treat them as such. It is very difficult for most people to see their body as merely a vehicle for their soul/Spirit, as a house in which they live or as clothes they wear, but separate from who they really are.
If you have studied acupuncture and yoga, you know that optimum health comes when spiritual energy is flowing freely through our bodies. When karmic substance solidifies, it’s like the hardening of the arteries of our spiritual bodies. When we resonate with this negativity, we will gradually become it unless we do something to turn ourselves around.
Energy healing can work on these four lower bodies by changing the rate of their vibration. It can transmute anything negative that is lodged anywhere in your spiritual or physical being. This includes everything from kernels of self-hatred to physical viruses. When you channel life force energy, it permeates every cell and atom of your body, into your mind, your emotions, your subconscious and your memory, allowing the bodies to reconnect with their natural healing mechanism and restore native purity.
(2) According to a report in the July 2003 issue of Psychosomatic Medicine, a team from Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, found people who had a positive emotional attitude were not infected as often and experienced fewer symptoms than people with a negative emotional style. The researchers interviewed 334 healthy volunteers three evenings a week for two weeks to assess their emotional states. After their assessment, each volunteer got a squirt in the nose of a rhinovirus – the germ that causes colds. The researchers kept the subjects under observation for five days to see whether or not they became infected and how they manifested symptoms. Tests showed that positive people were no less likely to be infected with the virus. However, infection seemed to produce fewer signs and symptoms of illness. Lead researcher Dr Sheldon Cohen said: “We found that experiencing positive emotions was associated with greater resistance to developing a common cold.”
Featured Photo: Jack Davison